Tuesday, January 1, 2008

For Auld Lang Syne


Ah, another new year, I am starting to feel old! It seems like only yesterday that everyone was making a big deal about Y2K! Nonetheless, we rung in the New Year in style and I hope 2008 will be just grrrrreat!

2007 in review, a year of "firsts"
Ran a lot, made my television anchor/reporter debut, went to Disney World to visit Em, finished my master's in journalism, won my first Big Ten title in the 10k, fought with IU athletic administrators, got All-American in the 10k, worked for InRunCo, got my first full time job, ran a lot more, lived by myself for the first time, went to Boston for the first time and for my first professional race, ran my first marathon and qualified for my first Olympic Trials, made my first trip to London, got my first freelance journalism gig (it's in RunMidwest, check out the Jan/Feb issue!), ran my first week of mileage over 80 (and then my second), had my first Christmas since 1986 without my little sister, and lots of other events (plus some other "firsts" that I will spare you the details, and spare myself the embarrassment).

Bring on 2008!
I resolve to:
*Stretch more after I run
*Get more sleep, but not while at work
*Not skip out on drills and strides
*Eat slightly less ice cream
*Complain less, dance more
*Sing loudly in the car when a good song comes on
*Put my laundry away instead of letting it sit in the basket for weeks
*Run PR's on the track in the 5k and 10k
*Leave it all on the track
*Catch up on all the books I own but haven't read yet
*And, most importantly, have fun while doing it! Stride on friends, stride on.

No comments: